School 7

School 7

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Western New York

Hey everyone,
   I am one day and only 22 miles (short day!) away from July 4th, a build day and Niagara Falls.  There will be some great pics to follow.  I may be only seeing the American side because my passport just arrived to my NJ apartment, and  I will be getting it in the mail next week so they let me into Vancouver, BC.  We just had our longest ride day into Rochester two days ago (90 miles).  It was our first day with two lunch stops and that worked very well.  About 12 miles before the second lunch stop we encountered some of our first flat riding in a really long time.  We were cruisin!  The 90 miles were not so bad because the last 30 went very quickly and we were excited to be back in civilization.
   My friend Jenna from my last Bike and Build trip met us at the host site and showed me around the city because she lives in Rochester.  We stayed at Rochester Institute of Technology.  It is great staying on a college campus.  There are comfy beds and  I spent a solid time getting to know someone better as a roommate.
      Jenna decided to ride with us today to the first lunch stop.  She rode 30 miles of the 58 mile day.  We were able to catch up about stories and memories from the last trip.  The riding was pretty easy today into Lockport, NY.  It is a big Erie Canal town and I have some good photos to follow.
    A lot of the guys on the trip are getting mohawks as well, including me, so I will be updating that as well with pictures when I can.


No comments:

Post a Comment