School 7

School 7

Thursday, July 12, 2012

Michigan and Indiana


Michigan 
So we were able to visit Michigan for one day!  It was the most southern part of Michigan (Camden).  It was a very small town and it consisted of one block of a main street.  The host Trevor had us in his church and it was a very nice gentleman.  We shared the bond of having played rugby in the past, but his experience was very different than mine.  He grew up in South Africa where everyone in his private school was required to play rugby.  Very interesting!  Imagine if School 7 required all students to competitively.

In Michigan, I did receive my first flat tire, which was very disappointing.  I had aspirations to make it across the country without a flat tire, even though that is very unrealistic.  I had 15 plus flats during my last trip. 

Indiana
Indiana has been great so far.  I have fond memories of it from my 2009 trip.  They have friendly people, great towns, and interesting things to look at on the ride.  The ride was super fast again as we were averaging over 20 miles per hour on long flat roads.  The ride was 91 miles so it was great to move quickly and make great time.

Our destination was South Bend, Indiana.  The home of the Notre Dame, one of the most popular football programs in the country (The Fighting Irish).  Riding past the university was great and I will have pictures to follow.  The most interesting story of the day…. Ambroise and I decided to go to the athletics office and snoop around at the university.  We spoke to a woman in an office about possibly receiving free t shirts as a memento.  After telling her what we were doing she gave us some great high quality Notre Dame polo shirts.  I will have a picture soon and a post about what we call “donation magic” to follow coming up soon.

6 comments:

  1. Dear Mr.Goldstein,

    I saw your picture that you posted. The one I like was the church it looks like a castle. I have a question, what team do you like the Yankees or the Mets? Well I just want to tell you good luck biulding houses.

    Varinia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mr Goldstein. It is realy cool that you are helping people get homes.You are very nice.:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mr.Goldstein,
    I liked the pictures.I am very happy you made it to Indiana. I am cheering you on. You are the best!!
    Your New Student,
    Jean

    ReplyDelete
  4. How are you doing Mr.Goldstein? You must have been really mad when your tire popped. Ms. Zisa wants to know how long it took to fix your tire? Everbody is asking how old you are? Why did'nt you rest for 1 day.
    Ariel

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Mr.Goldstein Looks Like You're having fun

    ReplyDelete